Location: Oak Harbor, Ohio
Golf Course Superintendent
Ideal candidates must have a genuine passion for agronomic practices and maintenance management. OHGC is owned by a closely held family oriented corporation, and ownership may be available for the right person. As Golf Course Superintendent, you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance. Responsibilities also include overseeing the repair and maintenance of all golf course-related equipment.
- Maintains all grounds including the golf course, clubhouse surrounds and other maintainable property
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees on the golf course and clubhouse
- Informs General Manager about present and future maintenance activities
- Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department
- Communicates frequently with the General Manger to discuss activities, goals and plans
- Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation
- Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation, equipment and other mechanical watering systems
- Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis
- Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high-quality playing conditions for guests of the property
- Prepares and maintains all recordkeeping for maintenance department (i.e., inventory files, fertilization, and chemical application logs)
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years turf grass management experience required
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- GCSAA Member preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense management
- Must have a current Ohio Pesticide License or must be able to attain one within 30 days of hire.
- Must Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have basic computer skills, Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs occasionally
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards
- Noise level is typically moderate to loud
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Minimum 60 hour work week March 1 – Oct 31, 40 hours in off season with 6 weeks off.
- Competitive salary determined by experience and education.
- GCSAA dues paid
- Meals provided while restaurant is open (no alcohol)
Email cover letter and resume to Chuck Benes at email@example.com.